Monday, February 23, 2009

Next Blog Please...

Well, I finally did it! Something I'd never done before, but always wanted to. Something I'd always wondered about, but was afraid of for whatever reason. Something that had tempted me often, teasing me with statements like "Just a quick peek" and "Come on, nobody else will even know." And I finally gave in.

This morning, at a weak moment and in an attempt to procrastinate and postpone the inevitable, I did it. I clicked the "Next Blog" link at the top of the page.

"¿Cómo se hace un jarrón de cerámica?"
What a letdown! "?Como se hace...?" Now I gotta call Mrs. Prestridge from Ninth grade Spanish to figure it out! The teaser in me thought I might hit something exciting...maybe another minister or freelancer praising God, maybe an artist showcasing his latest work, or maybe some proud Grandma in Searcy showing off photos of the latest addition.
But I landed on a "ceramica" website! I can do the math and deduce, from the pics and the wording, that this is a blog about ceramic sculpting...I think? Whatever it is, my eyes, mind, and brain were deceived and letdown.
Just proves that we never really know what's behind closed doors. Temptations arise and we become enticed. We want to take a quick peek but are afraid of getting caught. So eventually we let our mind run wild and start hoping for things unknown. Then we open the door...and there it is...
And it also proves that we never know who may open the door on us. As a Christian, that can be kinda scary! What if someone, some non-Christian in a third world country, opens the door to find me blogging about the hottie across the street? What if my own minister stumbles across the blogspot and finds me obsessing over a too-long sermon this past Sunday? What if a potential Christian witness gets turned into a candidate for hell simply by my writing and actions?
Makes you think, doesn't it? Made me think, for sure. I think I'll be more careful what I do behind closed doors, online and in person. And might you do the same?
Next Blog, Please...

No comments: